Thursday, December 4, 2008

Soulful filmmaking

The coming few months, I hope, shall be the most fruitful in a long time for ECO Productions and for this handsome member. This month, I've finally been given a college project that isn't seen as a burden but something I genuinely look forward to: directing a doc! It is only four minutes long and a glorified interview, but as I continue to assert to the women who let me see them naked, it's not the length that counts, it's what you can do with it.

The subject I have chosen is, in a fit of typical McGann originality and daring, Stephen Considine. Maybe one day I'll work on a flick about a repressed lesbian nun with Down's Syndrome, but until then it's fair to say I've got a distinct "style". Style being an all-too-generous word.

He, as El Presidente of Waterford IT Urban Arts Society (congratulations, by the way), will be gabbing on about the nature of graffitti being art vs. vandalism, a subject that he is passionate about. I hope to shoot it in the GPO nightclub, where I work, but nothing has been confirmed as of yet. Either way, I've got few nice shots in my head, and hopefully some juicy cuts might get caught up in the proceedings.

Meanwhile, my mate Rasher's band Boy Dyson are in the process of recording a full album. One song of theirs, "Four Fingers", a nice little punk ballad about dodgy relationships, is about to get the ECO treatment. Shot between 1-3 days, it is going to be a fractured, abstract take on a simple story, with lots of unanswered questions at the end of it. And it's going to be sexy. Very sexy.....

The last definite thing on the agenda, bar numerous scripts I'm working on, is my cameo in the hilarious, sweet, dark and off-the-wall webcom that is "Vultures". So I'll be getting my sleaze on to the max. After at least two directing jobs it'll be nice to be bossed around for a change.

Keep gandering.

P........

No comments: